Invisalign is a series of customized, removable aligners that help correct the position of teeth comfortably while remaining invisible. It is an alternative treatment to bracers and comes with many benefits.
However, before you consider getting Invisalign treatment, it is important to know what you are getting into. The treatment is offered by most dentists, so it is important to do your research and feel comfortable with the dentist and the team that will be looking after you while you are going through the treatment.
Vitarelli Dental has partnered with Invisalign to give you the best and most comfortable treatment in Saddle River. Before you decide to go for the treatment, here are 7 things that we believe you should know.
Will Invisalign Work for You?
- Invisalign is no different in function than traditional bracers. You will have to make certain adjustments in your lifestyle if you want the treatment to produce ideal results. The aligners have to be worn for at least 22 hours every day and must be removed when you drink and eat anything other than cold water.
If you do not follow these rules, the treatment may take longer to produce complete results. Depending on the severity of your case, you may have to wear the aligners for up to one year. Most cases are suitable for Invisalign these days, however, there have been a few cases where the patient was recommended fixed braces treatment instead.
- Vitarelli Dental offers complimentary Invisalign consultation. If you’re not sure whether the treatment is for you, just book an appointment and we’ll gladly figure it out for you.
How Long Must Each Aligner Be Worn For?
- Invisalign aligners will have to be worn for 2 weeks before you can change the set. Moving the teeth is a long process and should be handled in a slow and gradual way. Thus you will be expected to wear change these aligners every 2-3 weeks while you are under treatment.
Most cases report complete recovery in six months, however, some cases can take up to a year to produce complete results.
How Does Invisalign Feel Like in the Mouth?
- The treatment is generally pain-free because there is fairly gradual movement with Invisalign. You will notice a slight tenderness when you change the set of aligners but this is actually a sign that the teeth are moving as they should be.
It naturally takes a few days to adjust wearing the aligners and getting used to the new routine and lifestyle changes.
Will People be Able to Tell that You Are Wearing Aligners?
- Invisalign are clear and invisible, but there are some instances where people may still be able to see them. The aligners make the teeth appear shinier and they may start to discolor slightly after they have been used.
This is why aligners must be changed after every two weeks. But the good news is that most of our patients report that they were able to go through the entire treatment without people noticing.
Will They Affect Your Love Life?
As opposed to popular belief, Invisalign does not affect your love life. You will still be able to kiss and date comfortably while wearing them. You can even buy cleaning tablets that dissolve in the water and clean the aligners so they stay fresh.
Will Your Speech be Affected?
- Yes, some patients report a temporary change to their speech. This is usually during the first phase where the patient is getting used to wearing the aligners. This effect on speech goes away within the few weeks after you have gotten used to wearing the aligners.
We are sure that you have more questions related to Invisalign. The treatment is extremely effective for getting your teeth back in the perfect position so you can enjoy a beautiful smile.
If this post did not answer all of your questions, feel free to schedule your complimentary Invisalign consultation with Vitarelli Dental today.