There is no doubt that nothing is more important than a beautiful and brilliantly white smile. Sometimes, even the best oral care or can’t get you the bright pearly white smile you have always thought of.
However, you don’t need to worry because there are several options available to have your teeth cosmetically whitened, but one of the newest and most popular methods for teeth whitening is through laser teeth whitening.
Before you schedule an appointment with Vitarelli Dental for teeth whitening, it is important to let you know the pros and cons of the procedure so you can decide whether it is the right move for you.
Pros of Laser Teeth Whitening
- The biggest benefit of laser teeth whitening is that it is one of the most effective whitening procedures available today through a dentist. The results are highly visible from a single teeth whitening treatment.
Moreover, this method of teeth whitening is also very quick and easy to perform – you can have your teeth whitened several shades in just a few minutes. Only a single visit is required.
- Another great advantage of laser teeth whitening is that it is not uncomfortable or invasive in any way possible. All you have to do is sit in a comfortable chair at the dentist’s office, open your mouth, and let them do all the work.
Cons of Laser Whitening Treatment
- Although there are numerous benefits of laser whitening procedure, there are some drawbacks that you must be aware of.
Because this procedure involves a laser, it may not be the best treatment for everyone, especially if you have sensitive teeth or are sensitive to laser rays in any way.
- There have been a few cases in the past at Vitarelli Dental where patients reported that they had increased tooth sensitivity after tooth whitening. Unfortunately, it is near impossible to tell whether you are sensitive to laser teeth whitening procedures or not.
The only way to find out is to talk to your dentist and see if you have a history with sensitive teeth.
- Another big drawback of laser whitening is that it may cost you a lot. But this depends a lot on the dentist and their office. At Vitarelli Dental, we make sure to give you the best laser teeth whitening out there under a very affordable price.
We guarantee that once you go through the procedure, you’ll have 10 shades whiter teeth than before.
- Laser teeth whitening is a modern procedure that is suitable for people who are unable to achieve pearly white teeth through whitening strips or whitening toothpaste.
Although it is a good idea to try and whiten your teeth at home with a whitening solution obtained from a departmental store, you should still talk to your dentist before trying anything that you are not familiar with.
- Most tooth whitening toothpaste has fluoride and other ingredients that can damage your tooth enamel and cause increased tooth sensitivity. If you ever suspect that toothpaste has caused increased sensitivity in your teeth, stop using it immediately.
How Our Teeth Whitening Procedure Works
Depending on the whitening method you choose, results can be dramatic: in-office whitening, for example, can lighten your teeth three to eight shades in a single hour.
Our procedure is professionally supervised and it works faster, and protects sensitive gums and tooth-root surfaces better, than over-the-counter whitening products.
Having an oral exam before you begin any whitening process is an important first step to make sure your tooth discoloration is not the result of a dental condition in need of treatment.