One of the staples in your life should be brushing your teeth twice a day, but surprisingly as we grow older, we get lazier and assume it’s not that big of a deal.
But on the contrary, it’s very important! There are many reasons as to why it’s vital that you brush your teeth twice a day, some of them you might already know, and some of them are less commonly known. Here are some reasons as to why you should brush your teeth twice per day:
Keeping your breath fresh
- If you don’t brush your teeth twice a day, you will build harmful bacteria in your mouth which can cause a multitude of issues, including bad breath – if you want to prevent bacterial diseases, you should always brush twice a day.
Brushing twice per day stops gum disease
- If you don’t brush regularly, then you have a good chance of building up plaque on the teeth you neglect, when this happens, the baseline of your teeth will become yellow, which is the first sign that gum disease is near – this can lead to more serious illnesses like gingivitis, you can prevent this by brushing twice per day.
No teeth stains
- Toothpaste contains ingredients that remove debris and bacterial stains, if you don’t brush regularly, your teeth will keep the yellowness and may develop into more serious illnesses.
You’re less likely to die
The bacteria that are built from your mouth can enter your blood if unchecked, this increases the chance of heart issues, along with an increase of cholesterol in the arteries. If you don’t brush twice a day, then the chances of a stroke or heart attack increases.
You’ll be more attractive
- If we’re honest, nobody wants to kiss someone that has bad breath or food inside their teeth, you should be flossing to remove food from your teeth, and brushing regularly to prevent bad breath.
You save money long-term
- It’s much cheaper to prevent bacterial infections or oral issues, hospitals and doctors are expensive, if you brush only once a day, you’re greatly increasing the risk of diseases, which will result in your medical bill being higher than it should.
At Vitarelli Dental, we can ensure that you maintain a healthy set of teeth with a yearly checkup, this helps us fix any issues that might arise before it’s too late, and it gives you peace of mind.
We’re based in Madison & Saddle River NJ – get in touch today to see how we can help.